At a loss for what to write on your Valentine's Day card? Fret not, we've got it covered because we've seen one too many sincere but speechless dudes spacing out when faced with a blank card. Here are some suggestions:
If you've just gone exclusive....
Ah, the sweet moments of a new relationship. This is when you should profess your love for her once again, as straightforward as possible.
- Happy Valentine's Day, my love!
- To our first Valentine's Day, and many more to come.
- Being with you was the best thing to happen to me. Thank you for choosing me.
- I have never loved, until I met you.
- "Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night." – William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet
- "O, my luve's like a red, red rose, That's newly sprung in June." – Robert Burns, My Luve is Like a Red, Red Rose
- "I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river; to me you're everything that exists; the reality of everything." – Virginia Woolf, Night & Day
If you've been together for a while....
It's time to look back on how far you've come together as a couple, and to reaffirm your attraction for her.
- What a journey! Thanks for being with me.
- I have loved none but you. Happy Valentine's Day!
- As long as we're together... that's all it matters.
- We've come so far together that I cannot imagine how life was before I met you. Happy Valentine's Day to my one and only.
- "You should be kissed and often. And by somehow who knows how." – Margaret Mitchell,Gone With The Wind
- "You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought." – Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
"We were together. I forget the rest." – Walt Whitman
If you've just gotten married...
It's time to say how excited you are to be starting a new life together.
- The beginning of a new chapter. Happy Valentine's Day!
- This is just the beginning, and I look forward to many years of fun and happiness to come.
- I just can't get enough of you. I love you, and thank you for being my wife.
- To my beloved Wife, Happy Valentine's Day!
"We would be together and have our books and at night be warm in bed together with the windows open and the stars bright." – Earnest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast
- “I've never had a moment's doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” – Ian McEwan, Atonement
- "Grow old with me. The best is yet to be." – Robert Browning, Rabbi Ben Ezra
If you've been married for years!
Think about the ups and downs you've been through together, and celebrate every moment of your lives together.
- Everyday, I count my blessings that I'm with the love of my life.
- Thank you for always being there for me. And I will always be there for you, through ups and downs. I love you.
- Everyday is Valentine's Day when I'm with you.
- "Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own; in pain and sickness it would still be my dear." – Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
- "I have waited for this opportunity for more than half a century, to repeat to you once again my vow of eternal fidelity and everlasting love." – Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera.
- "I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough." – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
Text: Jaclyn Lim | Images: The Bloom Room Singapore