Last updated: 23 September 2021
As we adjust to a new normal, we are keeping the health and safety of our team, customers and flower recipients in mind. At the same time, we're also doing our best to get your flowers delivered as efficiently and as safely as possible.
For a better understanding of how we continue to operate during this period, please refer to our FAQs below.
Is it still safe to send flowers?
Thankfully, it is still safe to send and receive flowers.
According to information published on the World Health Organisation’s website: “the likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.”
How can I order flowers now?
We recommend that you shop on www.bloomroom.sg as all our available designs have been listed online. We deliver islandwide, for free, for your convenience. Otherwise, you may also opt to collect the flowers from our studio.
What is your delivery process like?
- All completed floral orders are placed at a designated corner in our studio for contactless pick-up by our delivery personnel.
- All delivery personnel are wearing masks at all times.
- At the point of delivery, we will strive for contactless delivery whenever possible. This means that the flowers may be left at your recipient's doorstep for safe and easy retrieval.
How should I request for Contactless Delivery?
During checkout, please do the following:
1) Please tick the "Leave at Doorstep" option. This gives our delivery driver permission to leave the flowers at your recipient’s doorstep if no-one is home. Our delivery team has actually been doing this since before the pandemic, so please rest assured that our delivery drivers are committed, responsible and experienced enough to deliver your order without contact.
2) You may leave additional instructions (eg: Contactless Delivery / please call ahead before delivery/ please knock once/ please leave an SMS after leaving at doorstep) under our "Special Instructions" field. Otherwise, our driver will deliver to the unit, ring the doorbell first to notify the recipient before leaving the item at a safe spot. He will then take a photo of it for your reassurance - please inform us if you want us to send you the photo.
We will no longer require a signature on our Delivery Order if your recipient is uncomfortable with the close contact required to take a pen and sign.
**Contactless delivery may not be possible for certain landed properties (with no proper shelter/safe corner), condominiums (with restricted access), and walk-up apartments (with locked gates). Please ensure that your recipient's address is accessible.
More details: www.bloomroom.sg/blogs/updates/for-a-smoother-delivery
May I request for a specific delivery timing?
We can state your instructions on the Delivery Order so that our driver can take special note. But while we always try our best to accommodate such requests, I'm afraid that there's no guarantee especially during this period due to:
- Delays at screening stations due to temperature checks
- Safe distancing restrictions in public due to the latest COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Bill (Eg: our driver will not be able to wait in public to deliver your flowers at a stated time).
How will the worldwide disruptions to the flower supply chain affect me?
As worldwide efforts to contain the virus has affected flower imports into Singapore, specific flower types may be unavailable from time to time. All these mean that recreating the exact bouquet or arrangement pictured on the website may not always be possible.
When substitution is necessary, we will strive to ensure that the final bouquet or arrangement closely resembles what you see on the website. We are constantly liaising with local flower wholesalers to ensure regular and quality supply.
More details: www.bloomroom.sg/pages/substitution
In addition, you may find that flower quality may suffer during this period. This is due to flower imports being stuck / delayed at customs before reaching our shores. We've experienced some difficulties recently, but will continue to try our best to only use the freshest blooms possible.
We thank you for your understanding.
Stay safe, everyone. Together, we will pull through.