[August] DIY Florals For The Home Workshop @ Ethnicraft Online
Date: 27 August 2017 (Sunday)
Venue: Ethnicraft Online, 72 Eunos Avenue 7 #05-01, Singapore Handicrafts Building, Singapore 409570
Tailored for absolute beginners, this workshop takes you through the basics of creating fuss-free floral arrangements for the home. Instead of the traditional approach of using floral foam as a hydrated foundation, we will demonstrate a range of simple arranging and anchoring techniques that still deliver a ton of beauty.
Held at Ethnicraft’s light-filled showroom in Eunos, we will move through three different areas – the Living Room, the Bedroom and the Dining Room. At each area, The Bloom Room’s founder and florist Jaclyn Lim will show you how best to arrange flowers to suit these areas of your home.
You will then get the opportunity to work on three arrangements, using a square glass vase for your coffeetable, a ceramic vessel* for your dining table and a blue Ball limited edition mason jar for your bedroom. All three arrangements will be yours to take home.
Expect to work with a variety of seasonal flowers and foliage (delicate buds! fluffy plumes! colourful berries! textural pods! structural branches!) to assemble swoon-worthy floral arrangements.
Workshop size is kept small and intimate (6 max) so that you get the most out of the session. You will leave the workshop with a stronger understanding of working with vessels of different shapes and heights, as well as the confidence to recreate these arrangements for your own home next time.
- Introduction of The Bloom Room’s floral and stylistic philosophy and the workshop theme
- Mini demonstrations at the Living Room, Bedroom and Dining Room areas
- Hands-on crafting session, with individual instruction
- Informal photo session of your flowers at Ethnicraft showroom
Cost of workshop includes fresh seasonal blooms, usage of tools, conditioning tips, technique demonstration and individual instruction to create three take-home arrangements.
Floral tools will be provided. Bring your creativity, writing materials, a camera, and a large carton or bag to bring your floral creations home!
*There will be a small selection of ceramic vessels, so yours will not be the same ceramic vessel as shown.
- No prior flower knowledge or experience required.
- Strictly no refund or exchange of classes, products & services after confirmation.
- Minimum sign-up of 4 pax for class to commence. Most classes will proceed. You will receive another confirmation email in the week of the class.
- If there are not enough sign-ups, the class will be rescheduled. Participants may then choose to attend the rescheduled class or receive a full refund.
- Price stated is only for 1 participant. Due to space constraints, we will not be able to allow spouses or children to wait in the store while the workshop is ongoing.