[November] DIY Florals For The Home
Date: 25 November 2017 (Saturday)
Venue: 315 Joo Chiat Road #01-01 Singapore 427566
Tailored for absolute beginners, this workshop takes you through the basics of creating fuss-free floral arrangements for the home. Instead of the traditional approach of using floral foam as a hydrated foundation, we will demonstrate a range of simple arranging and anchoring techniques that still deliver a ton of beauty.
You will then get the opportunity to work on three arrangements, using a square glass vase for your coffeetable, a ceramic vessel* for your dining table and a blue Ball limited edition mason jar for your bedroom. All three arrangements will be yours to take home.
Held at The Bloom Room’s lovely, light-filled heritage shophouse space, our floral workshops are usually casual, creative affairs. Light refreshments (Nonya kueh-kuehs!) and locally-inspired tea from Ette Tea will be provided so that you can nibble as you craft.
Expect to work with a variety of seasonal flowers and foliage (delicate buds! fluffy plumes! colourful berries! textural pods! structural branches!) to assemble swoon-worthy floral arrangements.
Workshop size is kept small and intimate (6-8 pax) so that you get the most out of the session. You will leave the workshop with a stronger understanding of working with vessels of different shapes and heights, as well as the confidence to recreate these arrangements for your own home next time.
- Introduction of The Bloom Room’s floral and stylistic philosophy and the workshop theme
- Demonstration of conditioning and anchoring techniques
- Hands-on crafting session, with individual instruction
- Photo session at the back alleys of the Joo Chiat’s historic and colourful shophouses
Cost of workshop includes fresh seasonal blooms, usage of tools, conditioning tips, technique demonstration and individual instruction to create three take-home arrangements.
Floral tools will be provided. Bring your creativity, writing materials, a camera, and a large carton (A4 printing paper carton) or bag (Ikea tote) to bring your floral creations home!
*Ceramic vessels may differ from what is shown on the photo.
- No prior flower knowledge or experience required.
- Strictly no refund or exchange of classes, products & services after confirmation.
- Minimum sign-up of 4 pax for class to commence. Most classes will proceed. You will receive another confirmation email in the week of the class.
- If there are not enough sign-ups, the class will be rescheduled. Participants may then choose to attend the rescheduled class or receive a full refund.
- Price stated is only for 1 participant. Due to space constraints, we will not be able to allow spouses or children to wait in the store while the workshop is ongoing.